Tremadog, an exceptionally fine example of a planned town near Porthmadog (in Gwynedd, North Wales), was founded by William Alexander Madocks, who bought the land in 1798. The historic centre of Tremadog was complete by 1811, and indeed this part of the town remains substantially unaltered to this day.
Cyfeillion Cadw Tremadog is a registered charity, with all profits going towards the preservation and repair of historic buildings in Tremadog. Cyfeillion Cadw Tremadog (Friends of Tremadog) is a Historic Buildings Preservation Trust, set up in 1991 to protect and preserve the architectural, historical and structural heritage of Tremadog.
Our current project is the restoration of the former St. Mary's Church in Tremadog.
5 September 2005
In September 2005, the contractors Chester Masonry Construction Ltd, started work of repair and conversion to the former church building.
MORE PROJECT UPDATES >>>